Friday, August 2, 2013

New Beginnings

I have always loved new beginnings. When you think about it each day is really a chance for a new beginning. I remember a friend years ago who would celebrate every new month like it was a new year. I thought it was pretty creative.

I am grateful for the chance to have new beginnings. I am grateful that Jesus Christ made it possible TO have new beginnings. So often I feel the growing pains of growth. I have no earthly idea what the Lord is doing in my life I just pray that I can heal so I can help other people. I have always had a passion for helping others heal.

One of my favorite quotes by C.S. Lewis is this one from his book Mere Christianity, "Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of - throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.”

I think we all have those moments in our lives. But if we can have an eternal perspective that every new beginning can take us to here He wants us to go. It's not always easy. It's a messy process at times. Yet we can't even imagine the outcome in our mortal senses. God truly does know what He is doing. Just for today I choose to rest in His love and truly trust Him. To give Him my all and hold nothing back. To not need all of the answers which is so hard for me. I want to know. I always want answers or some logical reason. There are so many times we have to walk by faith and be okay with not having everything laid out for us. Some things we know at the time. Some things we know in retrospect. Some things, possibly the majority, won't make sense until we get to the other side. Let's face it,I doubt on the other side we will really ask why. 

I have missed my grandma so much. It's been 6 months yesterday since she graduated from mortality. I know she is progressing and happy on the other side. I have had people not like the term progressing but I do believe our progression isn't over in this life. If we are to be like the Lord there is so much to learn. I am grateful she is free of emotional and physical pain. She is with those she loves the most. But it doesn't mean there aren't times when I don't miss her so much. But she is having her new beginning on the other side. I don't need to worry about her anymore. 


No comments:

Post a Comment