Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2013 Challenge

My room mate and I were talking late one night. Years ago I had started a gratitude journal. I listed 5 things or more each day that I was grateful for. This really did help increase my joy. My awesome room mate told me about a friend who wrote in 2001, 2001 things they were grateful for. So now for 2013 I am writing 2013 things I am grateful for. It really does help to focus on gratitude. No matter what is going on in our lives or the challenges we face we are so much more blessed than most of the rest of the world.

When writing things it can be something as simple as a conversation you had with a loved one, a beautiful sunset, a song that you heard that really affected you, etc. Or even silly like a bra that fits right (women can really relate on this one), a joke you heard that made you laugh, or even if you get a flat tire that day, that 3 weren't flat. It is really fun to look every day for the good and it helps retrain our brains to look for the good.

So who wants to accept this challenge? Make it as fun as you want. I have a cute little notebook and I am writing with metallic pens. I would love to hear all of your experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment